Colours mixing Canon MB2760

My Canon gives a pinkish tone to everything since I installed a new magenta cartridge. I did a nozzle check and there are no blockages, but of the six colour bands in the printout the top cyan block has a pinkish tint in its top half, the second cyan block is streakily pink-tinted., and the top yellow block is uniformly orange. Thinking there may be surplus magenta ink in the wrong place I wondered if it would clear so I printed a 7 cm-wide block of magenta (specifying 255 red 255 blue 0 green in the RGB selection) down the height of a page, while parallel to it printed a series of yellow and cyan blocks. The yellow in particular is "contaminated" by magenta in broad bands.
I have only used Canon brand cartridges.

I've read that there can be spillage inside the printer but don't have any instructions on opening it enough to clean this.

Sorry if this is an old question, but as a new forum user I could not "find" relevant threads.

Cheers
Nelson

Ask a Question