Current Era Printer With Same Paper Handler As MFC-J480DW

Does anybody out there know if the Brother Inkvestment tank printer MFC-J995DW printer uses the same paper handler as the MFC-J480DW printer? In other words, I'm looking for a printer that is the same as the MFC-J480DW but with the big tanks on it. I have been using the 480DW for six years now and last week was the first time I ever had a paper jam. I still had the shipping tape on the back door where you remove paper jams. I have been using third party refillable cartridges all that time and have never had a problem with this printer, but I know eventually I will have to try to reset the waste ink counter or buy a new printer. Just looking for one as good as this one. And don't anybody tell me to get an Epson or HP... I've had all I want of either of them.

Brother is an amazing printer manufacturer.

I don't have a MFC-J480DW. I have an MFC-J5945 and MFC-J6945 (the former for work, the latter for home). Both are inkvestment tank printers. I watched this video of your printer, though, and from what I can tell the engines are very similar. Both of my printers have print heads with more colour nozzles (looks to be about the same number of black), which makes for fewer passes in colour and faster printing. But the paper handling looks and sounds the same. Both my printers print 8.5x11 pages sideways in landscape, just like yours does, which is fantastic in that it saves time in the paper path and improves print speeds. The paper feed motor is clearly the same as the paper feed sounds between mine and yours are identical.

If you can afford the space, I'd suggest the 6945DW. The extra tray is gold.

Also, refillable cartridges with auto-reset chips have just come available for the LC3037/LC3039 cartridges that the 5945/6945 uses. You can get them from inkowl.com and/or inkpot.ca.

Thanks for the info Va1der... I have had printers from several manufacturers over the years since the old Okidata dot matrix printers. None of them seemed to be able to chug along day to day without paper jams occasionally. I have had this Brother since 2016 (I think) and never had a paper jam in it.

Ask a Question