Downgrade of the firmware for Epson WF-3520 - looking for older firmware version

Hello everybody,

I've fallen into the Epson trap ...

For years I have used the Epson WF-3520 with third-party ink easily, now I have replaced my computer, reinstalled the printer while with the new firmware.

My third-party ink is no longer recognized and I still have a whole box of it.

After I calmed down, I'm looking for a solution ;-)

I've found instructions on how to downgrade the firmware via USB cable and keyboard shortcut on the device. The only problem: I can not find an older firmware version.

Does anyone happen to have a download link to an older firmware version for the Epson WF-3520? I found out that this is the firmware version CG29CA (29/10/2012), a google search did not produce any results.

That would just be awesome! I will not buy any original ink from Epson because I just feel tricked.

Thanks and regards!!

Care to share this firmware usb direction link with rest of us? After all you're asking us to find you a Epson repository . There are many here who need to revert fw .

Question how did your new pc end up updating the fw? Did you have it online?

I installed a existing surecolor to a new windows 10 computer . No fw update

Here's what I did.

Installed Epson driver package on new pc win10 64bit

Then rebooted, machine disconnected the wifi router (taking less than 0 chances)

Powered up printer , connected via USB.

Ran Driver it wanted to update the fw etc , but it couldn't. Bypassed that . Printed a test sheet .

Done

Next time I hooked up to the printer wifi router was on, comp had internet , printer did not . No prompts to update or check anything.

Unless these Epson people are illegal and sneaky, all is well .

Ask a Question