Duty cycle and printing volume for ET-16680

We need a new printer to produce our Village News magazine. Ten times a year we print 4500 sheets of A4, [double sided, so 9000 prints], that is then folded and delivered [free] to every house in the village. Capital cost of the printer would be shared by the Church, the Parish Council and donations, and consumable costs for ink and paper are met by local business advertising. The very low ink costs of the Epson ET-16680 are attractive but I am confused by the wide difference between recommended duty cycle figures, and printing volume figures given in the Epson literature and on the web-site.

Recommended duty cycle is given as 200-3,300 pages per month and I believe that the duty cycle is the maximum recommended continual usage that can be expected without a jam or a breakdown. However the Printing Volume figure is given as 66,000 ppm which is wildly different, and seems strange when other enquiries suggest that monthly printing volume should be kept to about 10% of the duty cycle.

I need to be sure that the printer is up to the task of 9000 prints a month, produced in one concentrated printing session. [We are all volunteers, so just have to accept sitting by the machine while it prints at 21 pages a minute, so speed is not the main concern, but spending £1,600.00 of other people's money on a printer that won't last would be a bigger problem!]

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you, Jim

Ask a Question