Epson 3640--Why do defaults keep changing?

Greetings to all.
My first post in this forum is about my Epson Workforce 3640.

I want to know how to change the settings that come up automatically on the 'Printing Preferences' page shown below.

I have set the correct settings using the setup app on the printer itself and it displays correctly as 8.5 x 11 plain paper in both drawers.

However when I print It still comes up automatically to Photo Paper Glossy.
I would like 'Paper Source' to default to drawer 1 because that's what I use most of the time, and 'Paper Type'
to be plain paper.

Is this possible? I have printed on Photo Paper Glossy in the past and for some reason it stuck.

Thanks very much for any help!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!!!

upload_2017-5-16_21-5-48.png

It worked. it worked. Haaaaaaa. I'm so happy I don't have to see that stupid orange light come on anymore and have to get up and reset the printer.

Your order of commands worked great except for one command I had to change. My laptop has Windows 10 and Searching on "Devices and Printers", or "Devices", or "Printers", did not produce as expected. At least not on my machine. Which is strange. The order that worked for me was.

Put "Control Panel" in the search box, then left-click on Devices and Printers, then right-click on the 3640 and choose "Printing Preferences" and change what you want. I checked and double checked. It works.
Thanks Again.

Ask a Question