Epson 9880 canvas printing issue

My Epson Stylus Pro 9880 is printing fine on paper (the weightiest being 315gsm). Until recently canvas printing has been good (360gsm) but on a recent batch of large prints (A1 & A0) there are what appear to be faint "scratch" marks occurring randomly. There is nothing apparent that could be causing this. I've also made sure that the prints are being carefully caught and placed on a flat surface at the end of the printing process. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

I don't know much about the 9880 but in my Epson R1400 I can select lets say for envelop printing, where the printer compensate for a thicker material. I print on canvas meant for digital printing, with no issue. It could be that the canvas may have scratch lines in it..

Yes, after doing more tests and finding a remnant roll with a different batch number the conclusion is that there is an issue with the coating. Today we received a replacement roll from the supplier. Tomorrow we try it out with fingers crossed!

Ask a Question