Epson 9890

Hello
I recently bought a brand new Epson 9890 from ebay. Upon getting it back to my workplace i noticed some water stain on the outside of the box. I unpacked it and it was all in original packaging. ink cartridges was all sealed and new. i installed everything and powered it up. It ran through the Initial charge and i thought it was ready to use. I then tried to perform some print test (nozzle check etc and nothing got printed on the paper. But then i noticed that there was no ink in the pipes. both left and right. So then i powered it off and used the three button combo and when into the serviceman mode and did the INIT. Fill again and nothing happened ( i can hear it trying to do something for around 10 sec and then stopped). So i did the Init Fill a couple of times more. now i can see some ink on the left side till where the cover starts. I also got and error (MAINTENANCE REQUEST CODE 4000 REFER TO THE MANUAL.i did perform some cleaning( thinking back maybe it was not a good idea since there was no ink.
Now I realized the ink was made in 2012. Is the old ink causing the problem?
What should I do next? do i get a Piezo Flush kit and get the old ink out?
any ideas would be great.
i just ordered a PiezoFlush Solution, 700ml bottle and will try to clean the printer head. just it case the is any foreign material.
I see some very minor rust on the body and i hope there is no other damage anywhere else.
this is a first time owing a large format printer. I am learning as i go along.
Savio

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question