Epson 9900 and 11880 Prints Blank Image past 90"

I am relatively new to working with the Epsons and no one at my work has much experience either. I am working with an Epson Stylus 9900 and 11880 (Roll Feed).

I have a banner image created in Illustrator CS6 that is 36x120" and I am trying to print it on a 36" Roll of Canvas. We send all our file to print from PDFs using File > Print and then setting up the driver preferences. Anytime we try to print an image larger than 90", it will print fine up to about 90" then it "prints" white space for the remainder of the image, and then cuts it off the roll. Past the 90" mark the carriage is still moving side to side but isn't laying down the image.

I spoke with Epson Tech Support about this and said they heard about this kind of problem, that it was common. He recommended using the Tile Images feature in Illustrator, saying some customers had had success with this. However, he didn't know exactly how to use the feature. I have been researching this feature and all I can find is how to tile the image across several sheets and glue them together.

I have attempted to use this feature and tile the image as 2 - 36x60" images. But, my Epson rolls out a border and cuts between the images.

Is there a way to manipulate the Tile Image feature to tile the 36x120" banner as 1 overlapping image from a roll feed?
OR
Is there another way to get my 120" banner to print without the image getting cut off.

I have attached 3 picture of what is happening. The first Image is a Print Preview from the Epson of how it cuts the image off. The Second Image is when I tried to use the tile function and it cut between the images. The Third Image is when I tried to use the tile function and it did not cut but left a gap between the images.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 343
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 346
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 308

Ask a Question