Epson all-in-one Blue instead of black conundrum

I see I'm not the only one who has come up against this problem, but it's the first time for me. I have scanned a couple of vintage parts books with line illustrations for my chap and saved the pages to several pdf files. On printing out later, I find that they are printing in dark blue rather than black. Swapped over the black cartridge - same. Tried greyscale and the print is black sure enough, but the definition has gone from the shaded sections of the line drawings. Would the original scanning be at fault? I used the same all-in-one for both actions.

I see I'm not the only one who has come up against this problem, but it's the first time for me. I have scanned a couple of vintage parts books with line illustrations for my chap and saved the pages to several pdf files. On printing out later, I find that they are printing in dark blue rather than black. Swapped over the black cartridge - same. Tried greyscale and the print is black sure enough, but the definition has gone from the shaded sections of the line drawings. Would the original scanning be at fault? I used the same all-in-one for both actions.

Make sure the Black/Grayscale or Grayscale setting is not selected in your printer software. Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary. The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.

Ask a Question