epson CX3800 not printing? it says "printer not ready to print, check all connections

i have'nt used my epson cx3800 printer for more than 5 years, except using just the scanner on top of it, but i never had problems with it in the past.

i have windows xp sp3

i finally got all the new ink cartridges so it would be able to print, 2 of them i got were cheaper priced re-manufactured (non-epson) cartridges, but supposed to work fine with it.

i set all the settings and put plain white paper in it, and tried printing something from corel draw, and it did'nt do anything?, then i tried printing from notepad and it started to do something and a piece of paper was fed into it and it sounded like it was printing, but when it came out the other side, it was just a blank piece of paper ?,

and again when i tried to print, it had a dialog box that said "the printer is not ready to print !", "check all connections" ? not sure what that means ?

i recently downloaded the most updated driver and utilities combo package for it, also i made sure the connections were on tight, but at first when trying to print, i did have the usb plugged into a usb splitter extension cord hub, instead of directly into the usb slot on the computer, but later i changed and put the usb into the computer, but still did'nt work or print ?

on device manager the cx3800 is there, but is called "imaging device"?, and you click the properties and then it says epson cx3800 and has driver and stuff,

should i just try uninstalling and reinstalling driver ? or try different usb cord like if i used the usb cord from my canon digital camera ? which is the same plug type ?

what else can i check or try to fix so it is able to work and print again ???

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Did you try turning it off, unplugging power cord and plugging back in after a 1/2 minute or so? also delete any print jobs in the que.

Good luck.

Did you try turning it off, unplugging power cord and plugging back in after a 1/2 minute or so? also delete any print jobs in the que.

Good luck.

thats one thing i have'nt tried yet, thats the same thing the guy who worked at the ink cartridge store suggested for me to try.

after putting the yellow cartridge in, i did a "test print", but it just printed a blank page !, then i tried to print a notepad text file, but first checked properties and all the settings, and the status said "printer is ready", which is good since before it was saying "printer not ready to print", but again, it just printed out a blank page ?

then i tried turning it off and unplugging the power cord, i left it unplugged for a couple of minutes, then plugged it back in and turned the printer on, then i tried a "test print" and tried printing from notepad text file, but both printed a blank piece of paper ???,

so at this point, i really don't know what else to try ???

i mean, the printer should be fine, i bought it in 2005 but have barely used it much at all during the whole time i've had it ?, and whenever i did print with it, it printed good quality without any problems, so its weird that suddenly its not printing anything ? out of nowhere?,

maybe i should try rolling back to the previous driver i had, cause i updated to the newest driver recently, could it be the older one worked with it but the newer one causes it to have problems and not print ??

it also says after replacing with a new ink cartridge, to press or hold a button to let it "charge the new ink cartridge" ? or something ?, i did'nt do anything except put the new ink cartridge and then pressed the blinking ink drop button til it cleared and the red blinking light went away, but is there something i needed to do to "charge the ink cartridge up" ?

if you have any opinions or things for me to try, let me know, your help is appreciated

Ask a Question