Epson ET-3760 "Scanner Error" Preventing me from printing anything at all. Can only turn on/off. Please help.

We have a paper jam in our Epson ET-3760. I wasn't there when it happened, but a family member opened the printer and removed the jammed paper. After this, the display started showing "Scanner Error 000041" every time the printer is turned on. It displays only this and says to restart the printer but restarting it doesn't fix it. We can't use the printer at all because of the error message and can only select the option to turn the printer off. I have no idea what to do. We can't afford to have someone fix our printer, so if someone knows how to fix this I'd be really grateful.

*Edit: Resolved. She found a way to open the back of the printer that we didn't know about and there was more paper stuck in there. Whew.

Last edited:
It's great that you managed to solve the problem.

I've seen cases where the scanner cover was lifted too high (removing the blue tab) and this caused the scanner's electrical cable to disconnect from the printer's main board. So be careful when removing jammed paper.

Ask a Question