Epson ET-4550 Series (Workforce) LCD Screen Freezes!

When I try and print anything on this printer, about 50% of the time, regardless what I'm printing, the LCD of the printer will freeze and it will not print. I have to unplug printer and plug back in for it to work properly.

Please let me know if there's anything I can try and if there's a known issue with this!

I have it plugged in directly to USB of computer but not sure what the issue is!

Thanks!

I have the same problem.
The printer usually performs fine (printing and copying). Mine is wirelessly connected to three computers running Win 7 and Win 10. About once a week, it reports that it's printing (the LCD gives the message to "Check ink levels") but the printer is unresponsive. None of the buttons work and it certainly isn't printing. I have to unplug it, clear the print queue's and re-send the print jobs once the printer is back up and running.
It happens when sending jobs from at least 2 of the computers on the network (Win 7 and Win 10).
I submitted a trouble ticket to Epson, and they conclude that since the printer seems to work most of the time it's a connectivity issue with the router (Verizon for me).
I submitted a ticket to Verizon and they conclude that since most things on the network work most of the time, it's an issue with the printer.
Very frustrating.

That's so annoying !! I have found better luck when I have it plugged in directly but every few days I have to unplug and replug it back in...very time consuming! I can't believe there's no solution for this...googling this issue there is just 9 million threads from Epson's website with useless non-relative info. I think they have purposely flooded the search results with clutter so people can't see any complaints...

I have the same problem.
The printer usually performs fine (printing and copying). Mine is wirelessly connected to three computers running Win 7 and Win 10. About once a week, it reports that it's printing (the LCD gives the message to "Check ink levels") but the printer is unresponsive. None of the buttons work and it certainly isn't printing. I have to unplug it, clear the print queue's and re-send the print jobs once the printer is back up and running.
It happens when sending jobs from at least 2 of the computers on the network (Win 7 and Win 10).
I submitted a trouble ticket to Epson, and they conclude that since the printer seems to work most of the time it's a connectivity issue with the router (Verizon for me).
I submitted a ticket to Verizon and they conclude that since most things on the network work most of the time, it's an issue with the printer.
Very frustrating.

I have the same problem. Wireless connection. So much time wasted! Does anyone have a solution to the frozen printer?

Ask a Question