Epson ET-4700

This has got to be the worse printer I have ever purchased. When I first got it it printed without any problems. Now it will not print at all. I have deleted all the software but when I try to reinstall it takes ages. Even software from the Epson site takes ages and when it does load it still will not,print. I have spent over £200 on a dodo.

UP8

I have an Epson ET-4750. I'd complain that (1) the inks are not lightfast (I've seen prints in a bad environment fade seriously in six months) and (2) the pick roller gives me terrible problems if I use paper that is too thick or too thin. Other than that it I've found it to be a reliable printer for photos and art reproductions that makes decent output with a low material cost. I had to master a number of small details though to get consistently good results.

I have an ET-16550 on order from two different vendors which ought to solve problems 1 and 2 but they seem to be impossible to find and I suspect even vendors that claim to have them in stock really don't. I have seriously considered the ET-8500 but I don't think that the six-ink system really improves quality that much. I think the ET-8500 prints last longer than the ET-4750 but the pigment ink on the ET-16550 ought to last 70+ years.

Ask a Question