Epson printer, Brand New, Broken... Help

Hi guys, i have a brand new Epsom et2750. Printed out 1 test page and now it shows error 031006 so a motherboard issue. I would go straight to epsom but i've already filled it with non Epsom ink so according to the warning on the printer, warranty is invalid. Am i skrewed already? Thanks in advance

Did you convert the printer to dye sub? What kind of ink are you using? I'm just curious why you'd use third-party ink right out of the gate and not use the ink that came with it?

To answer your question, in most jurisdictions, a printer manufacturer cannot summarily nullify a warranty for using third party ink. They have to show that the ink was the cause of the problem. That being said, your problem is quite possibly related to ink. That error is most often caused by a print head fault that blows a fuse on the main board. It is quite possibly caused by improper ink, either going where it shouldn't go (like the print head ribbon cable insertion point), or by ink with incorrect pH eating at the nozzle wall and coming into contact with the piezo element, or by ink with incorrect viscosity. It's not the viscosity of the ink in the bottle, but its viscosity under pressure. If you used pigment inks, especially, this can pose a problem because many cheap pigments (which are suspensions of solids inside the ink) change viscosity under pressure the same way a paste of corn starch and water becomes a solid under pressure or when mechanically stirred, but is runny if left on its own.

All Eco Tank printers use dye inks, which are less viscous in general and a lot less viscous under pressure.

Ask a Question