Epson XP-950 printer - no power

Used daily all fine then turned on and heard a click then all lights out no sign of life! Replaced power cord, fuse in plug, tried different socket.
Am assuming its the power unit inside the printer..? Can I replace this myself??
Any help appreciated.

Is the printer still under warranty? It the printer totally dead with no lights or movement? If you can get access to the power board you could check for any obvious signs of damage. You can check the onboard fuse and see if any capacitors are bulging or if there are any signs of overheating. There could be a damaged component somewhere. But its not as simple as that. The power supply works together with the other boards. Check that the button that turns the printer on is making a good connection. Sometimes a ribbon cable has worked loose.

You can repair it yourself depending on your technical ability. You can probably find an online manual and some helpful YouTube videos. The problem is knowing exactly what the problem is. You could go to all the trouble of changing the power board, and the printer still might still not work. Epson parts are not cheap.

You would have to consider whether to bite the bullet and take it to a repair centre; or consider purchasing another printer or refurbished model. Consumer grade printers have a limited life.

Kind regards
Chris

Thanks for replying Chris, appreciated. Not under warranty but a local computer shop has said they will have a look at it but are not sure if they can fix it. I found a power unit on ebay so when this arrives the computer shop said they will attempt to put this in to see if it rectifies the problem. Printer was not cheap purchased new about 3 yrs ago so do not really want to give up on it just yet. However am not confident I have the ability to disassemble it myself. Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question