Epson XP 950 and XP960 both put vertical lines on Photo prints

My 950 started putting these thin vertical lines on photographic prints several weeks ago. They were approx 1 inch apart and it looked like they were produced when the paper was advanced in steps as printing went on. Epson tech support on the phone concluded that my printer was beyond repair and I bought a 960 to replace it. But recently, it has started to produce these lines too, but only the printing from certain applications. For example, prints from Photos are fine, but prints from Aperture have the lines.

Could this be that their printer software is not stable and it is not a hardware but a software problem?

Hi I have the same problem on my Epson XP-960, several print head alignments, nozzle checks and test pages not to nention the ink and Fotospeed papers wasted. I am printing from Lightroom with printer colour management turned off.
Any help appreciated.

Kind regards
J

Attachments

• F24DD610-C96E-4F3C-84F1-8DF8366B1146.jpeg
    F24DD610-C96E-4F3C-84F1-8DF8366B1146.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 185

Ask a Question