Epson L3150 setup problem (USB)

I'm trying to setup a new Epson L3150 printer. Epson service checked the printer and confirmed there is nothing wrong with the printer. My laptop works fine and the 2 relevant USB ports work for other devices such as my camera, telephone backups, external harddisk, etc.

When I run the Epson setup disk I get to the point where it says 'connect the USB cable between printer and PC'. I do this and my PC gives the USB connection sound notification (di de dah) and the setup window on my PC (I load from the Epson CD software) goes to a a picture showing a physical connection between the PC and printer. However, at the bottom of this picture there is a flashing message saying (something like) 'the program will automatically move forward when the USB cable is connected'. I can't move on from this point. I have to close the setup window to end the setup procedure and can't get the printer to work.

I tried various drivers, disabling and enabling USB ports, etc, etc. I tries with different USB cables and the 2 USB ports. I tried downloading setup files from the Epson website and always have the same problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

You can get around the usb detection routine by downloading the driver only file from the relevant Epson support site, then doing the following:

1. Choose USB
2. Wait for the detection routine to show up
3. Look for and click on the "Manual" button
4. Choose a port like LPT1 just to get the driver to install the necessary files

Once it has installed everything and closed the setup program::
5. Go into Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners
6. Locate your "Epson L3150 Series" printer listing
7. Click on it and choose "Manage"
8. Click "Printer properties"
9. Click on the "Ports" tab
10. Locate the relevant USB port for your device or setup a Standard TCP/IP port to the network address you've manually given your L3150.
11. Choose that port and click "Apply", then OK

That should just about do it... If it's still not being recognised then you likely have some weird driver issue that may need removal of one or more driver to clear it and resolve. I suspect you may be able to setup the Wireless connection on the printer via the control panel though and then connect to that static IP as a port instead as a workaround.

You can get around the usb detection routine by downloading the driver only file from the relevant Epson support site, then doing the following:

1. Choose USB
2. Wait for the detection routine to show up
3. Look for and click on the "Manual" button
4. Choose a port like LPT1 just to get the driver to install the necessary files

Once it has installed everything and closed the setup program::
5. Go into Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners
6. Locate your "Epson L3150 Series" printer listing
7. Click on it and choose "Manage"
8. Click "Printer properties"
9. Click on the "Ports" tab
10. Locate the relevant USB port for your device or setup a Standard TCP/IP port to the network address you've manually given your L3150.
11. Choose that port and click "Apply", then OK

That should just about do it... If it's still not being recognised then you likely have some weird driver issue that may need removal of one or more driver to clear it and resolve. I suspect you may be able to setup the Wireless connection on the printer via the control panel though and then connect to that static IP as a port instead as a workaround.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. I tried to do as you suggest but ran into a problem. During setup I got the error code you can see in the attachment.

Attachments

• 01 epson630713eu.png
    01 epson630713eu.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 90
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. I tried to do as you suggest but ran into a problem. During setup I got the error code you can see in the attachment.

Hello again,
I played around a bit and surfed for solutions and finally got the printer to work. Thanks again for your input. It gave me a clue as to the direction to proceed in and where the problem was and made it much easier for me to get it working.

Glad you were able to resolve it in my absence... It's been a mighty busy month.. Was your anti-virus getting in the way and quarantining key files by any chance?

Glad you were able to resolve it in my absence... It's been a mighty busy month.. Was your anti-virus getting in the way and quarantining key files by any chance?
No, it was nothing to do with my anti-virus program. There was a problem with communication via the USB. I found different printer drivers and ran them on their own, instead of the package of software on the CD provided by Epson. I finally managed to get a driver which worked. I loaded the printer driver separately and then the scanner driver and printing and scanning finally worked.

Ask a Question