Epson L386 refill

Hello,

I have an epson L386 and I want to refill it's ink.
How do I empty the old ones?
I have new inks that have expired since 01/2020, but they are not opened.
Shall I buy new ones?
Do I have to change ink pads too? Where can I buy new ink pads? I googled it but no good answer came up

Thanks in advance!!!

I have an epson L386 and I want to refill it's ink.
How do I empty the old ones?
Long needle and syringe to suck as much of the old ink out if it's accessible.. if not, you can just flush the ink through using priming routines until they're empty (although that will trigger the waste ink counter).

I have new inks that have expired since 01/2020, but they are not opened.
Shall I buy new ones?
Depends how quickly you'll use them and how you stored them. They should be fine unless you've left them in direct sunlight or near the heating.

Do I have to change ink pads too? Where can I buy new ink pads? I googled it but no good answer came up
Few options there...
The replacement pad part ref: 1627961

..or you can get an external waste ink kit.

Either option will require a reset which again has options. eBay might have service utilities available for multiple use but WICReset will definitely work although it cost to purchase a reset key for each one.

I'll not steer you to my own products but you'll probably find them along the way. Hope that helps.

Ask a Question