Epson S20 (T0891/T0711) refill and CISS?

sss

Hey, what's up. I bought an Epson S20 printer yesterday after giving up on my brand new Lexmark (never buy lexmark, ever). The reason I chose the Epson is because of it's cheap refills and the printer itself was only 25 quid incl. delivery etc. Anyway, I print black only so I bought a few cartridges - 4 for 6.50. However I would like to refill the used ones anyway until the cartridge is dead and can't be refilled any longer. Anyone know a good howto about the T0891/T0711 cartridge? Is it protected by a chip? I heard that it is but found a software that resets ink levels and it seems to work. As far as refilling goes I found a video on youtube and some info online but it's not great. I'll look for more but if anyone knows a good tutorial - please share. Below is the video. It looks complicated. I've always thought taht you just stick the needle and pour - at least that's how I've done it so far.

watch?v=rDgWgU3tOPQ

I'm also thinking about a CISS. The printer prints 26ppm (black) so it's not bad for bulk prints. However with the cost of just 6.5 quid for 4 cartridges which I'm hoping to refill several times, I'm not sure whether I should invest 20-30 quid in a CISS. I also don't know whether the printer has any protection against such devices. I found a video on youtube of an S20 with a CISS:

watch?v=Tg7KU4UOwCc

Does this mean that my printer can certainly have a CISS? I really would want to get one but I don't know whether some chip protection won't prevent it from working.

sss

why are you saying this?

Because the ink is so darn expensive. The printer was 45 quid and the ink is 40 quid for both cartridges. Lexmark did some BS with DRM so that you can't refill it youself and there are no CISS for those cartridges Lexmark 36 and 37 and many others from them. The printer only prints 8- pages with a single cartridge. So I didn't even bother buying new cartridges. I finished the initial one and put the printer in the closet.

CISS is really great. I think u will enjoy it. But it's important to buy good manufacturer's production. Foe exzmle, I'm using INKSYSTEM.

Ask a Question