Epson SC-P5000 from a Mac

Does anyone here use the SC-P5000 with a Mac?

I've just been through 2 days of testing and adjusting print settings, and about 3 calls/2 hrs with Epson support, because there is a margin on one side that I cannot seem to remove, without my images being expanded & cut off, or shifting the image...

I can print from an old Windows machine, and while color is unusable (no support/drivers for the old PC, running Vista), it is sized and placed properly. Only on my Mac do I have this problem. The Epson support guys told me that it's just the way it is, and I need to change the size of the image and adjust placement to make it print correctly.
SO...my images are just wrong, and I was told that I'll need to size down, auto expand, AND offset the image in the Photoshop print dialog box in order to get a 10" wide image to properly print borderless on a 10" paper roll. Huh??

NO WAY this printer can't work properly running prints exactly as sized, I've done this same type of print for 13 years, on the 4000 & 4880. When one tech says "wow, I don't know what else to tell you," and another suggests adding space to the side of my image to get it to print right, color me skeptical. I've had nothing but a good experience with Epson until now, so I don't mean to bash Epson, but I just don't know what to think.

Now...I spent a lot of time researching this printer before purchase (to replace my 4880 that finally kicked the bucket), and I saw nothing from anyone about issues with printing from a Mac (I know darn well I'm not the only shooter using a Mac!).

Very frustrated, and thought it was worth asking if anyone used this printer with a Mac, and if this issue was experienced, and if so, how solved.

Thanks!

Ask a Question