Epson Surecolor P5000 Resetting Mid-Print

Hello,

I've been researching this issue for some time and have not had much luck. I'm hoping you all might be able to help.

I'm having an issue with an Epson Surecolor P5000 Designer Edition printer. I've had some issues with this printer before; it came with some defects to an internal sensor when we bought it, but those were easily diagnosed and repaired.

Currently the printer is having issues completing it's print cycle. It does one of three things on most prints:

1) The printer occasionally, approximately 1/3rd of the way through it's print cycle, displays "Resetting printer..." and immediately stops printing and unloads the paper. This was the first issue that appeared in the printer.

2) Sometimes the printer completes the print, but completes it too "early", that is, it prints an 8.5x11 image, for example, as if it were 8.5x4 or so. This issue again occurs about 1/3rd of the way through the print.

3) It's started to, very rarely, stow the print-head in the middle of a print (again, about 1/3rd of the way through) but continue to display "Printing" and continue to run the vacuums. After waiting about 15 minutes it had still not resumed actually printing.

I'm lost on this issue, and my research hasn't turned anything up. I've tried connecting the printer to a different computer in case it was a printer driver issue, and I've also replaced the USB cable in case there was a cable issue. Obviously neither has worked.

I'm hoping there might be some way that I can diagnose and possibly repair the problem myself, but at the very least I'd like to have an idea of what's wrong before I call Epson. Hope someone might have an idea!

Thank you in advance!

Ask a Question