Epson SX425W - Ink not recognized.

Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me and thank you in advance for trying.

Today I bought a printer from Gumtree, the lady was lovely and says it works bla bla - they just needed a different one to connect to Ipad.

I bought some new ink from Staples (because I'm poor I bought their own brand) and when I got home, I turned the printer on ready to change the ink and it said that Magenta only needed replacing. So I did that, then they were all wrong, not recognized and all needed to be changed. So I did this and got the same message. The other problem I am having is that this printer is the most stubborn machine I have ever met. You CANNOT press any button except 'Proceed' as it says unavailable when you do. Which means I can't hook it up with my laptop and override the error message.

I have tried reinstalling the ink about 500 times. Even one by one. Even back to the old ones and so on. And even tried none. It seems either the ink is wrong (even though the ink that was in it before was two different brands and not Epson) or the printer is stuck in an error loop.

Yes I have tried turning it off and unplugging while waiting between installing inks, literally nothing is working. We found a cable to plug it into the laptop, but the error message gets in the way and the laptop cant find it.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Thank you

Ask a Question