Epson SX44W colour wrong when printing but fine when photocopying

Hi,

I did notice this problem a while ago but have ignored until now and suddenly I need to edit and print some photos.

Whenever I use the scanner to photocopy anything the colours look good and quality has always been really good for what I need. But whenever I try to print an image the colours come out washed out or just plain wrong. For instance a picture of my niece with a pink headband is coming out predominantly green, no skin tones, no pink headband - I thought maybe the red cartridge was running low but photocopying the local pizza menu (something I had at hand) I get good reds, greens etc.

I did wonder if it was a problem with the PC, I've tried numerous different options in the Epson print settings but none seem to make a difference and printing from an iPad the same problem occurs.

Please any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

So seemingly the correct term for this is a colour cast and looking at the epson pages I finally found this which makes me think 'cyan cast'

https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/1366/10988

I've found this site: http://www.colourcasts.20m.com/ which seems to try to help adjust the colour settings but I still don't understand why when I use the printer to perform a copy in isolation the colours are fine but why sending it an image, even one it scanned, or on a memory stick plugged into the printer results really bad prints.

I will admit the cartridges are older than epson recommend on that page and are also not genuine and I would take those as acceptable reasons if copy didn't work perfectly.

If photocopy presents good color, then application used to print image must be at fault.
Reset your printer to factory defaults
Print image using Windows Photo Viewer (assuming you have Windows & not Mac)
Advise

If photocopy presents good color, then application used to print image must be at fault.
Reset your printer to factory defaults
Print image using Windows Photo Viewer (assuming you have Windows & not Mac)
Advise

Thanks,

I've been trying from publisher and GIMP. I'll try from the photo viewer later - yes I am on Windows.

Ask a Question