EPSON WF2710 Does this printer use Eco Solvent Ink .

Hi all, i brought an Epson WF2710 on boxing day half price, all excited to be able to use it for sublimation ... then i realized after purchasing that its a refurbished model. WOOOPS ... i realize now it will be useless for sublimation as its already had ink in its lines. I'm hoping to be able to use it to at least print on printable vinyl but it needs to use Eco Solvent ink ... or i've just brought another printer for printing paper. I've looked all over for an answer to this question so i'm hoping someone can help me. In my understanding all EcoTank printers use EcoSolvent ... i know the 2720 does as i found that information, still unsure about the 2710 model i have on its way to me now. Can someone give me a definitive answer please in laymans terms ... clearly i know nothing LOL

What on earth is EcoSolvent? I obviously live in a bubble. Epson inks use a combination of alcohol, water, and mild bases (generally amonia) for their solvents. The 2710 and 2720 inks are essentially identical.

It shouldn't be an issue to purge the printer of ink to switch to sublimation.

Ask a Question