F2000 Wowes

5 Years ago I purchased an F2000. It is finally paid off. I was looking to add DTG service to me existing 25+ year old screen printing and embroidery business. As it tuned out it was a bad decision as I could not upsell many of my customer to the cost of these DTG full color shirts. So the printer became a burden and we ran it every other day just to keep it in working condition (costing time and money). In hind sight I should of just cleaned it out and left it empty but I was trying to keep it ready in the event a job came in. Then came covid. We were locked out of out building for a period of time and the printer fell into disrepair. I tried all the normal stuff to get it going but it was a fail. I then called Epson and the estimate was about $3500 at the time to get it going again. At that time I choose not to fix it as once it was working again I would just have the burden of keeping it working without and real work for it. Which brings me to now. The printer is finally paid off and now at least that monthly burden is gone and I am wondering what to do next. I see that more companies are selling DTG ready shirts which makes the process of using the printer much less painful which is a huge plus since I started with the machine. At this time I am wondering if the machine is worth fixing? If there is anyone fixing them besides Epson, if my thousands of dollars worth of ink are still good, would anyone be interested in the printer as is for parts?
Thank You!

Ask a Question