Canon Prograf2000 will not switch off

Dear Brains,

I have a Canon Prograf2000 Large Format printer issue. Following an error message that related to a stuck cutter (I was printing with canvas and the roller cutter got jammed as the canvas wrinkled slightly) The first time I managed to switch the machine off and fix the issue. Several large prints later I get the same error message and same isue. I can see the cutter is stuck against some of the canvas. This time printing has started (It had not the time before). I press the on off switch and the printer tells me to 'Wait a While' as it switches off. Well that was two hours ago and the printer is flashing orange with the same message. I know from experience Canon printers do not like being stopped mid print and I have had to throw away two Canon ipf5100 printers due to swirtching one off mid print and one when I changed a print head In both cases it seemed to cause an irepairable circuit board failure.
I am less sure what will happen with the 2000.
So does anyone have knowledge of how to resolve this safely?
I closed down Canon print utility and deltede the print that was being sent. Not even sure about switching off my computer.
Canon will take an age responding, last time was 15 days so I am hoping someone here has the knowledge.

Many Thanks

Chris

Ask a Question