Find old printer settings

Decided today to replace P800 wi-fi with Lan cable connection. One tip for anyone doing this - when time comes to reinstall driver use the US download - it works! Not unexxpectedly as the printer must be removed before re-installation all my settings for several commercial prints have been lost. Do these settings still lurk somewhere in the computer such that they could be copied on to pen and paper for restoring on what he computer sees as a new printer ?

I was afraid of that - should have written them out - hindsight. I hadn't expected a reinstall to be required in changing WiFi to Lan cable - a warning in the instruction would be helpful.

It was an unexpected delight with the P800 (I've had some troublesome machines in my time ) to find that customized settings were stored. Very useful when several prints sell fitfully - just pressed "print" and the pic title was recognized and settings ready to go. It's not the end of the world to lose the settings but unsettling when I want to print identical copies months apart. Perhaps had I updated driver rather than reinstalling ? I did what the manual said: be handy to warn silly old duffers to take screenshots or notes in advance - that's all. I was hoping that there might be a remnant of the old data still lurking in the computer - update your system you don't lose all your old emails.

Ask a Question