How do I load new paper profiles (Epson Stylus Pro 4800)

I just updated my driver on my printer and some of the paper profiles I use are no longer there. After I download the ones I need, how do I get them to show up in my printer preferences options?
Thank You

Installing ICC Profiles for Epson Standard Proofing Paper
To install these ICC profiles on your computer, you need to place them into the Operating System’s profiles location.

The following table provides the location according to the OS:
Operating System Location of ICC Profiles
Windows 98 / ME Windows / System / Color
Windows NT Winnt / System32 / Color
Windows 2000 Winnt / System32 / Spool / Drivers / Color
Windows XP / Vista Windows / System32 / Spool / Drivers / Color
MAC OS 8 / 9 System Folder / ColorSync Profiles
MAC OS 10.2 or later Libr

Regards
Florida, USA

Thanks Ruffin but what confuses me is- I have the profile I need in the system- Pro4800 PQIJP_MK. But why doesn't it show up in the media type drop down as it used to with the old driver?
It used to show as "Photo Quality Inkjet Paper" as an option.
Now I can only load it if I choose ICM and choose it in the input profile.
But, does this override what's in the media type drop down? Because I can't load it there.

Yes, choose it in "input Profile". Should you prefer original selection method, re-install original
printer driver. Machine works well with either printer driver. Good luck. Epson Stylus Pro is a great machine.
Regards

Last edited:
Mr. Vanderloo:
Only the software programmer would know. Can only surmise it would be so.
Seems to me it would be prudent to give it a try. If satisfied, go with it. Perhaps this link will
re-inforce our previous recommendation:

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C593001UCM~faq-298953

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C593001UCM~faq-298906

Otherwise, recommend you uninstall and re-install with old driver. The latest driver is not always the greatest
driver (more times than not). You might be better satisfied with the older version.
Regards

Ask a Question