WF 3620 not using 4x6 paper in rear loader

I'm printing labels that come on 4 x 6 paper. I insert the 4 x 6 paper into the rear loader, and the machine takes it and puts into place for printing. So far so good. I press Print, but then get an error message saying that the size of the paper I'm using doesn't match what the Paper Source is saying. It rejects the 4 x 6 paper by spitting it out, and then automatically prints my job on the 8.5 x 11 paper in the main paper tray.

I checked my Print specs on my computer, and it says the paper size to be used is 4 x 6. I also looked at the printer itself and the paper size it's expecting is 4 x 6.

What's wrong here? Can someone help me out? Thanks.

(Another strange thing is that in the online manual for inserting paper into the rear loader, it says to send the Print job before you load the paper. This is ridiculous--if you do that, it just prints on the 8.5 x 11 paper in the front paper tray.)

Ask a Question