How do I repair an Epson ecotank L4160 not printing colors after color cartridges left empty for 1 year?

I moved from middle east to uk a year back and all color cartridges became empty just after moving. I did not have colored ink so I started to print as grey scale only as I still had black ink with me. Got a bit busy and did not buy colored ink until few days back. I filled the colored ink but now it will not print any color. Tried nozzle check and head cleaning so many times, power wash once but no success. In color mode it prints only black and leaves the rest of colors unprinted. Any solutions pls? I guess the colored inks have dried somewhere and blocked some parts of it. Am I right? Thanks

Yes you are correct in that the ink has dried in the printer. The only possible fix is to take it to an Epson Express Service Centre who can use some Epson software to run a power flush. However there is no guarantee it will work.

Ask a Question