How to find Printer's IP?

I have a Canon MP250 printer connected by USB to a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 32 bit. I am trying to print on it from a Mac OSX Snow Leopard laptop, and although I think I have set everything up correctly (following the instructions on various forums), I continue to get the error message "Connection failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED", the solution to which, according to one of the forums, requires knowing the printer's IP. The Mac does "see" the printer (it appears at Systems Prefs>Print & Fax, and in TextEdit's File>>Print printer dropdown list. According to a Windows 7 forum, the IP can be found by going to Control Panel>>Devices & Printers, right click the printer, select "Printer Properties", and at the tab Ports, the USB port to which the printer is connected will show the IP ... but it doesn't. What it says is "USB0001 - Virtual printer port for USB - Canon MP250 Series printer". I will very much appreciate any ideas.

Ask a Question