How to make an edible Flatbed printer at home for Cake

I am new here, someone please guide me, how to make a flatbed edible printer to print direct on cakes.
1. Printer Company?
2. Model?
3. How to modify to Flatbed, any how to tutorial reference?
4. Edible Ink solution ?
5. How much will it cost?
Thanks in advance.

I am new here, someone please guide me, how to make a flatbed edible printer to print direct on cakes.
1. Printer Company?
2. Model?
3. How to modify to Flatbed, any how to tutorial reference?
4. Edible Ink solution ?
5. How much will it cost?
Thanks in advance.

You can print on cakes almost with all DTG printers if they have not been contaminated with some previous ink. And you do have a suitable edible inkjet ink
There is a plenty of information on these DIY projects
We have made a few our own designs for exploring this application, but these designs are not an shareware information since there is too much work built in them.

But for conclusion simple you need to make few different DTG units and measure witch one do have highest ink droplet throw speed and distance. Just take a look at a sample below and you may realize why this is the most important information in your project. and why this information is not some kind of shareware. And is some kind intelectual property.
If this speed is too low you image would be blurred. Look at the edge of these honey cookes.
And as the most modern printers do have very small droplet size they also do have very small throw distance. Simply that is a law of physics.
So your project and your idea is nearing to the end if you are thinking to start it with some inexpensive home printer.
The good way of thinking is too look after some industrial tag printer because these printers must have exactly what you do need tor this kind of application. Very narrow throw distance and sharp printout.

Attachments

• DSCN9718_LL.jpg
    DSCN9718_LL.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN9641_L.jpg
    DSCN9641_L.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN9657_LL.jpg
    DSCN9657_LL.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN9506_LL.jpg
    DSCN9506_LL.jpg