HP 2130 (Sealed) - keep or sell?

Hello!
I am a new member here. I find myself in the situation of asking for some help regarding a new printer that I got as a gift. First of all, I searched for info about it on this forum but couldn't find anything relevant.
I am aware of the cheap printer/expensive consumables thing and I want to know if I should buy an inexpensive ($12) improved CISS (3 chambers) or just sell the printer to someone who wants it for some parts (I intend to let the buyer know what he/she is actually buying).
I also know that these cheap printers tend to fail after some time (waste ink pad counter etc.) and I really don't want to lose hair at this age because of a printer. Thank you!

Hello!
I am a new member here. I find myself in the situation of asking for some help regarding a new printer that I got as a gift. First of all, I searched for info about it on this forum but couldn't find anything relevant.
I am aware of the cheap printer/expensive consumables thing and I want to know if I should buy an inexpensive ($12) improved CISS (3 chambers) or just sell the printer to someone who wants it for some parts (I intend to let the buyer know what he/she is actually buying).
I also know that these cheap printers tend to fail after some time (waste ink pad counter etc.) and I really don't want to lose hair at this age because of a printer. Thank you!

Sounds like it has a TRI-Color cartridge with all 3 colors in ONE? I would never keep one like that unless you are only printing Black ink. They should not even make those as you pay out the Ying Yang (a technical term) by replacing the entire cartridge for one color being out. Having an adapter will limit your next cartridge unless it is a fill yourself (but I never liked those and found they created a mess)

"Sounds like it has a TRI-Color cartridge with all 3 colors in ONE?" Yes, that's true.
"only printing Black ink" I don't think that is possible. As far as I know, all printers (at least the ones I saw functioning) used to take a little bit of ink every time the printer is turned on. This way the ink will eventually get depleted. I print in black most of the time. Could it be possible to remove only the part of the plastic cover that covers the contacts between the color cartridge and keep the nozzles sealed this way? This doesn't seem right to me as the cartridge hovers over the paper and most likely will eventually be removed by friction.
"Having an adapter will limit your next cartridge" I am sorry but I don't understand this part.
"fill yourself (but I never liked those and found they created a mess)" I don't want to have to deal with refilling the cartridge myself as this will almost always lead to a mess. Thank you for your answer! Since most of the chinese/russian/indian sellers can't offer much (or at all) insight about CISS systems and other forums' members also recommend to sell it and don't even bother with it, I think I will sell it for no loss/no gain of money.

Yes you can print Black ink only! If you never plan to print color need to change the PROPERTIES (this is for a Windows computer, not sure how with a Mac) under the printer. I do this as most of what I print is black ink.

Open Devices and Printers
Right click on printer and select Printer Properties
Select Preferences
Select PaperQuality
Select Advanced
> under Document Options, print in Grayscale: black ink only
Under Paper Quality I also select DRAFT
This reduces the amount of lack ink used

If you ever want to print color or better quality just select Printer Properties before you print

Last edited:

Ask a Question