HP C4480 ALL in One Not Printing, HELP

I just hooked my printer up after quite a long time to find that it is not printing. I ran a test page and nothing, trouble shooted and nothing, The paper is being fed into the printer and the cartridges are moving as if it were printing however there isn't any ink being placed on the paper. I have tried printing in both black ink and in color. Could this be a matter of the ink being old and dried out? or some other issue. Please advise on steps to take. Thank you

Hi garcash,

I'm a technician that is currently working at rihac. I would say that the ink on the base of these cartridges have dried up due to not being used for sometime. The best thing to do is to try and run a couple head cleans to see if that will get any ink onto the paper. If after a couple head cleans no ink is finding its way onto the paper you may need to unblock the base of the cartridge.

These cartridges have the printhead built into the base of them unlike most printers. You will need to remove the cartridges from the printer and sit them on a folded paper towel with Blue Windex on it (needs to be blue windex due to the ammonia content) Sit the base of the cartridge onto the towel for 1 hour. Dry off the cartridge thoroughly and reinsert the cartridge, perform another headclean and you should be up and running again.

Ask a Question