HP CM1017 : Printing Resolution and Network Scanning

Hello All,

Just got a HP Cm1017 Color Laser Multifunction Printer.

I am dumb when it comes to the printing resolution in DPIs and picture resolution in 1yyy x 7xxxx and then on top of that having a screen resolution of 1680 x 840 and the story goes.

So much resolutions and interpolations to understand when trying to having a decent WYSIWYG sort of print. I know its much more than that, screen color profile and printer color settings and so on for optimizations...

Can i have any links to some basic guide which would explain all these concepts and their interrelations just to make the best out of photo or text printing.

The second question is that CM 1017 has a Wired Ethernet port and surely can be configured as a network printer. But can it perform scanning when attached via wired network to the switch/router. There is a wireless printing switch from HP which is compatible with this model and states that it would enable all the printer functions like scanning faxing and printing over ther wireless.

However before this expense I want to know that if it can perform scanning as well as printing when connected as wired to the wireless router, then there is no need to buy any additional switch. I have Linksys WRTSL54GS with a USB port as well, not sure whether printer will work when connected via USN to the router.

Anyways thanks for reading , would certainly appreciate all the guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question