HP CP1025nw

I'm confused because even though I used the driver installation disc that came with the printer to install it wirelessly, and it does work, it is listed in the Device Manager under Other Devices and the properties says:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

Using the Driver Update button consistently fails on an automatic search. I haven't tried doing the manual search, because I didn't find anything in the HP directory that appeared to be a driver. Windows Update offered a driver for this printer, but even after an apparent successful installation, it is still listed in the Device Manager just as before.

Since it does work...at least as far as I have tested it, does that mean that the "missing" driver isn't required for wireless usage or is there something more that I need to do?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I ran the HP PSDR diagnostic, and it reported that an online connection problem was fixed, but it didn't change the Code 20 problem in the Device Manager either.

Last edited:

Ask a Question