HP Deskjet 930c - dectivate or repair refilled color cartridge?

Hey,

Ive got the following problem with my HP deskjet 930c after refilling the cartridges:

The color is false, except black. Blue is coming out, yellow is green and red is nowhere to be seen.

I cleaned the printer head manually and by software.

Furthermore:

Sometimes the printer always shows empty although the cartridge is full and does not want to print. Is it possible to deactivate it?

Thanks!

What to do?

Thanks!

Attachments

• lastscan.jpg
    lastscan.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 320
Hp930c

Hi:Your color cartridge - 6578 - has crossbled thorugh the printhead, the blu ink has migrated to the yellow chamber.

This can happen by overfilling, or by allowing the printhead to come in contact with - for example a plastic bag or any other smooth surface. There are minute scratches on the printhead & the ink can capilliary back & forth through those scratches.

Another way of cross contaminating is by trying to re-affix the blue printhead tape that came on the printhead. There are ways to properly put on the blue tape, but never re-use used tape.

You could bleed it out a fair bit, roll off a 6-8 feet of potty paper, & fold it up into one square width as a thick pad. Set the printhead on this pad and prop it so it stays upright. Come back in 15-20 minutes & if the yellow has bled clean - you will see clear yellow in the outside edges of the ink stain.

For the printer recognizing the cartridge as empty - there are tips out there for taping uver 1 or 2 contacts - install the cartridge, remove the cartridge & tape & re-install. I've never personally run into this so I can't advise.

Do make sure the electrical contacts are clean, on the cartridge and in the carriage.
Use Isopropyl Alcohol and a lint free wipe - wipe from the top of the electrical strip to the bottom, this keep you from dragging ink back up over the contacts.

Do the same with the carriage until the wipe comes away clean for both.

If the cartridge still doesn't work, it might be dead electrically.

all the best

Ask a Question