HP LaserJet PP3015 - mark on printed page

Hi,

I installed a maintenance kit in an HP LJ P3015, and since then, there are smudges on each printed page. I've replaced the fuser, the transfer roller, the various pickup rollers. I have also used a lint free cloth with isopropyl alcohol to clean the paper's path inside the printer, as well an anti-static vacuum to suction out the inside the printer.

Some more relevant information - the smudge is always in the same spot on the printed pages, and it's always darkest at the very top of the page.

The old fuser was actually flaking off in the printer. I removed the back cover, and there were several black pieces of plastic inside. I didn't know what they were at first, but once I removed the old fuser, I could see that was the cause. I have included a picture of one of these flakes. I have looked inside the printer with a flashlight, and there are no more of these pieces inside.

I see no likely cause, can anyone provide a suggestion?

Attachments

• HP_Defect.jpg
    HP_Defect.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 10
  • fuser_piece (2).jpg
    fuser_piece (2).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 10
usually its image unit related
take image unit out and look at drum to see if any toner is on it it should be clean
is the image unit near end of life
i dont want to lead you into spending money you dont need to
if an engineer came to look at it he would go for image unit first

HI, Thank you for the reply. I haven't looked at the image unit, I'll take a look at it.

This printer is very old, and I recommended it be replaced rather than maintained. I am not sure how much money will be too much for the powers that be, but this will help me get to a solid answer.

Ask a Question