Color LaserJet Pro M254nw not printing.

I have a Color LaserJet Pro M254nw printer, that is sitting on my desk not printing. When I last needed to print, letters to go with Christmas cards, it seemed fine. Since then, it has not printed anything other than the self produced test pages. It is connected to my router, which has a staus page, and shows my two computers and another "client" called "NPIDD583D" which comes and goes when the printer is switched on/off, so I assume that is the printer, and that it is communicating, at least, with the router. When I try to print a letter from Open Office, nothing happens. Before Christmas, it worked fine, running off letters to go with Christmas cards. Since then, it has printed nothing. Talking to HP, they decided the printer was fine, that the problem was with the router. So a brand new router was ordered, and is now installed. The printer still is not printing. What is up with the thing?

The software's and drivers needs to be reconfigured since you have not used the printer for couple of months . Try doing that it may resolve the issue . Still issues persist I will give suggestions

I spent about an hour on the phone with the HP office in Copenhagen a few weeks back. He had me try this, that, the other, this again... eventually, however, he had an idea and changed something, or had me change something, which allowed the printer to print again. I don't remember what it was finally that stopped the problem, for now at least. It was to do with IP addresses.
I bought the new laser because my old Laserjet 4 finally died, power supply issue I think. It had always just worked, hence sticking with the make. It did have an old, parallel interface requiring a special card in the PC, and only printed from there, but it did that, sat around for weeks waiting for something to do, and did it.
In ten years time, if this one is still printing my 30-40 pages a year, I'll be happy with it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question