HP multifunction install

Hi, I have a hp 3310 which used to work perfectly when connected to a xpsp3 by usb. I have reset all options to default. I have now put the 3310 on a ethernet connection for my home office. My network consists of 3 xp pcs and 1 win7. I have a laser hp4200, nas, media player, pvr, on the network which all work well. I have got the 3110 to print from all xp pcs using just the basic driver. I can install the windows driver on the win7 pc and that prints fine. I uninstalled that What I want to do is use the scan and (not so important) card reader. I downloaded the "full featured" (read that as full of bloated rubbish) software for win 7 and it gets to the end of the installation and says it cant find the printer, if I select "will connect later" the software completes install but there is no sign anywhwere of the 3310. Nothing in device manager, nor windows add a device? If I open my broswer and type in the ip address i can access the options and change them etc, it will even scan. I see there are software removers for this stuff, but as i have a photosmart c6180 hooked up to the win7 by usb i dont want to bugger it up. any ideas please

It is likely that your computer have traces of the old printer driver and is causing a conflict or for the device to work incorrectly of become unresponsive. Do this remove all the printer drivers by going in control panel and select the 'Add/Remove Program'. Once they are all removed, unplug USB cable from the printer and power on the printer. Do a fresh install and re-connect the USB cable only when the program tells you. Let the program finish setup and reboot the computer. Windows will find the new hardware. It should work now. If not, then bring the printer back to the shop where you bought it.

Ask a Question