I'm using Mint 15 a linux program and when I use my brothers j430w

I get three pages printed, one cover page with listings of media limits, job id,
driver;, driver version and other things with coresponding information after each listing. Then It prints the page I want printed, then I get another copy the same as the first copy. I'm wasting a lot of paper, can anyone suggest anything to help.

Thank you

You'd be better off posting in the Mint forums. I'm currently using Mint 15 for a program I wrote. I had similar problems. Sometimes Id get all that info, with another driver I'd get only half the picture or text, with another driver it would print nothing but leave the sheet blank, and with another driver, it would print anywhere between 10 minutes and 4 hours later, with any of the combination of things I mentioned.

My point is, you need to either) experiment with different printer drivers through cups, or do what I did which is) network my printer through a windows machine that has the proper driver, and now it prints properly.

Good luck

Ask a Question