Initial Ink Full - but won't let me use it

So I had a big project that was being held up by my R280 deciding it was broken. I quickly purchased an Epson 7100 since it seemed to be the cheapest solution for disc printing and it was widely available.

I bought a set of ink from Best Buy because the sales guy said that the initial inks won't last very long. Instead of installing the initial inks, I went ahead and installed the replacements ink set instead because I didn't want to have to change inks before these discs were all done being printed. I finished the project just fine.

Now I'm into my second project and halfway through the black ink ran out. (All the others are only halfway down). I didn't have time to run to the store, so I just put in the initial ink from the box that I never used.

The printer WILL NOT LET ME install the initial ink, even though it's full. It pops up with a code that says I have to use a replacement ink.

What the holy heck is the reasoning behind that?

Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks

Ask a Question