Ink usages

I have a HP 4700 printer the problem I have is i don't use my printer much and about 90% of the time when i do print i only print in black and white. So when my color cartridges dries up i can't print. My questions is how do i keep the Color cartridges from drying out? My latest cartridge only lasted 7 months without being used. Is that normal? I'm tired of buying cartridges when i I don't used them.

Unfortunately this is a known issue, especially with HP printers. HP uses thermal bubble jet technology, which has a tendency to clog more than the piezo that Epson and Brother uses. To offset this, they run a little ink through the print head every day, even when it's not being used. I'm sure they also do this simply to make you buy cartridges - HP is very aggressive this way.

Only insert the black cartridge, and just leave out the color cartridge. It should work in that mode. Otherwise, call HP to complain.

Ask a Question