IP7250 Printhead Cleaning

I am a novice looking for some help.
My IP7250 has been working fine but suddenly it has blocked.

I regularly run maintenance cleans every month as I use the printer a lot, I only use Genuine inks but all cartridges are full at the moment and I am having a lot of patching.

I have ran many, many normal cleaning but it has improved nothing.

Can someone direct me to the actual cleaning products to see If it can save the printer - preferably ones for a novice like me can do

Thanks

Attachments

• Compress_20220815_130857_7636.jpg
    Compress_20220815_130857_7636.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Compress_20220815_130857_7960.jpg
    Compress_20220815_130857_7960.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 17
D

Deleted member 14725

Can someone direct me to the actual cleaning products to see If it can save the printer - preferably ones for a novice like me can do
Can you remove the print head? if so... remove the cartridges, remove the print head, and then put it on some warm water, not submerged, only making sure the nozzles get wet, it has to be water with no minerals. You can also use alcohol for this, leave there and be patient, then check with some cleaning paper what kind of footprint the print head leaves.

Some people use syringes to push some water in, but this has to be done GENTLY and slowly, IMHO it's not always necessary.

Then place the print head again in place, but make sure some drops of ink are placed on the ink input and then clean, this is to "prime" the print head, you can watch videos about this on YT, most people prime using syringes but I'm not suggesting this because it's delicate, pushing too hard damages the nozzles.

Then place the cartridges and LEAVE it be, then perform one cleaning cycle and try printing.

This and variations of this method worked for a lot of people, priming the print heads is not as easy as priming cartridges. I have printers with similar printhead as your model, so I know. Just remember, it's possible your printhead might be too old and used, and cleaning won't help... requiring a new print head, this is often the case.

You are amazing,
Thank you so much.
Tried this today and its cleared it and peints better than before.

I was all set to give up on the machine and thought I had ruined it
Can you remove the print head? if so... remove the cartridges, remove the print head, and then put it on some warm water, not submerged, only making sure the nozzles get wet, it has to be water with no minerals. You can also use alcohol for this, leave there and be patient, then check with some cleaning paper what kind of footprint the print head leaves.

Some people use syringes to push some water in, but this has to be done GENTLY and slowly, IMHO it's not always necessary.

Then place the print head again in place, but make sure some drops of ink are placed on the ink input and then clean, this is to "prime" the print head, you can watch videos about this on YT, most people prime using syringes but I'm not suggesting this because it's delicate, pushing too hard damages the nozzles.

Then place the cartridges and LEAVE it be, then perform one cleaning cycle and try printing.

This and variations of this method worked for a lot of people, priming the print heads is not as easy as priming cartridges. I have printers with similar printhead as your model, so I know. Just remember, it's possible your printhead might be too old and used, and cleaning won't help... requiring a new print head, this is often the case.

I am back again,
Sadly it was a short victory. It cleared the clog but sadly Cyan has returned back to clogged
The other colours seem to be OK, a little streaky but still fine for what I need it for but when cleaning out the print head, Cyan works for 1-2prints perfectly then will clog in a matter of minutes.

I've tried solutions now but I think this is a temp fix too.
Is there any reliable retailers for printheads I could try, I have checked amazon and the likes but I see many people advising of incomparably or errors due to being a 3rd party part.

D

Deleted member 14725

I am back again,
Sadly it was a short victory. It cleared the clog but sadly Cyan has returned back to clogged
The other colours seem to be OK, a little streaky but still fine for what I need it for but when cleaning out the print head, Cyan works for 1-2prints perfectly then will clog in a matter of minutes.

I've tried solutions now but I think this is a temp fix too.
Is there any reliable retailers for printheads I could try, I have checked amazon and the likes but I see many people advising of incomparably or errors due to being a 3rd party part.
Sorry to hear about this, turns out I'm having similar problems with my printer having a similar print head (almost the same), and it's happening this week. I have tried the same easy methods without making ink flow via pressure (that's too aggressive I think, but yes it works too). And I'm seeing this is the usual problem when one is not printing often enough. I would suggest trying again the warm water method and making sure to prime the print head (you can look on youtube for instructions, it's difficult to explain with words), and then, keep printing... yes you can use print head cleaning cycles, but I have learned printing photos in high resolution works pretty well too.

Good luck, I will be doing the same thing this week trying to recover a print head.

D

Deleted member 14725

I just brought my print head back after having similar issues.

Used hot water letting it stay there to soften any ink for a few hours replacing such hot water every once in a while, then let it sit on top of a glass of hot water to let the vapor moisture the print head. Then placed it again on hot water and put some more hot water on the ink input. Finally used 2 modified syringes to gently push and extract water from the print head, I was surprised by still getting some ink out. After a lot of patience I managed to only get clear water out of it, let it dry a bit, shake it and placed back in the printer. It worked, I never had such persistent ink issues like this week, and I didn't use any chemicals, just pure water without minerals, good luck.

* This took me bout 4 hours and a lot of patience.

Ask a Question