Is different paper safe to use if you can’t match the exact paper profile in software?

Hello, I just purchased an Epson P700 Printer. I also have some 13”x19” 330mmx483mm “Staples Ultra Premium Photo Paper, Heavyweight Matte 11mil that my father purchased however he didn’t realize it may not be compatible with this printer?

Or is that even a thing as I would live to learn if it is even possible to damage my printer or such with the wrong paper?

The thing is in the Epson Smart Panel Software (and regular windows Print) I cannot find “Photo Matte” under paper type and am worried about the possibility of damaging my printer if I don’t do this right.

The closest I can find is the “Ultra Premium Presentation Matte” which upon investigation has a lower mil than my staples paper. So would this damage the printer or be unsafe. What do I do?

Looking to learn so if anyone has any further advice for someone looking to make professional prints of their graphics please let me know!

Ask a Question