Canon LBP361dw - why can't it handle different paper types/materials

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm really hoping for some advice on this.
I work in the production department for a company that helps hospitals with the tubes, supplies etc that they need.
A very important thing we provide them are requisition form and two types of adhesive labels - some that are made for ambient use (standard) and others that are designed to withstand freezing temperatures (cryo).

We recently got a Canon LBP361dw (brand new) and have scope to acquire more. We have found that the ink adheres really well on normal paper and cryo labels but the more pulp/parchment type (standard) label is getting affected - it almost looks like a fuser problem as the ink is very powder like. The problem get worse when a standard label is printed after a cryo - I just dont understand hahah.

is there glue that is sticking to the toner?
Is the printer printing hot enough?

Any guidance or expertise you guys have would be really welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're dealing with a printing issue on standard labels with your new Canon LBP361dw printer. The powder-like appearance of the ink on parchment-type labels may indeed be related to the fuser or temperature settings.

Verify if the printer is set to the correct paper type and weight. Parchment-type labels might require different temperature settings compared to cryo labels. Check the printer settings and adjust the temperature if necessary.

Ask a Question