Kodak Hero

I am unable to send items to be printed by my Kodak Hero 5.1. I get the error message 'Network Connection Error', irrespective of whether I am trying to send the print via WiFi or USB cable.
When I try to troubleshoot the problem, it tells me to 'Turn the printer on', even though the printer is turned on. I've tried re-booting the computer while the printer is connected and turned on and I've tried turning the printer on and off while it is connected to the computer.
The odd thing is that I can still scan documents to the computer both wirelessly and via the USB cable, so it is clear part of the network connection is working, just not the part that handles printing! If this was just happening using the USB cable connection, I would assume there was a fault with the cable, but because it appears to be a problem with both the USB cable connection and the WiFi connection I'm assuming it is more likely to be a problem with the internal software in the printer.
Is there anything I can do to rectify this fault, or should I bin the Kodak and buy an HP printer?

Try reinstalling the printer driver. Delete first the Kodak printer in the "Devices and Printers". Then insert the Kodak installation CD and follow the instructions carefully.

Ask a Question