L6190 Backup and Restore Presets

I have an L6190 printer connected to my network. Multiple PC use the printer. After format I have to configure all my presets from scratch. Is any way to backup them and restore them. ?

I have the same issue with my WF-7720. I currently have an open support ticket with Epson, but I don't think I'll have any joy from Epson. We have 7 computers on our LAN, and the users at those computers have the need to print the same jobs. One would hope that there is a way to set up one computer, then export the printing presets, and then import those presets on the other computers.

The only thing that I have found so far from Epson is on the "Main" or "More Options" tab (see attached) there is a toggle button "Show Settings/Hide Settings"

If you show settings, that will open a side car window that lists the main settings. At the bottom is "Output Settings..." If you click this, then a text file will export with a list of settings.

There are three BIG problems with this feature:
1: It will output only the currently selected preset. One can not select a group, they have to be done one by one.

2: It is a stupid feature, as it does not name the text file with the name of the preset. It only names the text file with a generic name: EPSON [printer net name] Series Driver Settings.txt So the user will have to manually name each text file with the name of the preset. REALLY DUMB!

3: And worst of all, there is no way to IMPORT that text file. Again really dumb!

So currently I have to export each preset, be sure to name it, then open each one of those text files on a different machine on the LAN and use it as a guide to then manually create and save a bunch of presets. A big pain.

As I said I have a current support issue with Epson, but I don't expect any joy.

Be that as it may when I have time I will explore the Windows command printUI. It seems to have the ability to export and import printer preferences. It does require the same Windows version on the source and target machines, and I don't yet know if it will grab the presets out of the Epson driver.

So to be continued...
enjoy

Attachments

• Epson-Print-Drv-Dialog-Cap001.jpg
    Epson-Print-Drv-Dialog-Cap001.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 106
Its a stupid way to export an import a file I agree. In my case the file is
C:\ProgramData\epson\EPSON L6190 Series/E_TCXSPE.UCB

Although I can't find any way how to delete all these default presets that actually I am not use. Nevermind one step at the time

Ask a Question