Lenticular printing on inkjet printer

Hi,

Does anyone know a simple solution to create a 3D lenticular print using inkjet printer? I have an Epson R260 and want to open it up see if I can convert the CD printing mechanism to accept a lenticular sheet from the back.

Thanks!

OMG, you are so brave. Taking apart an Epson printer is not trivial. You should at least get the service manual. Google "epson R-260 service manual" should give you the right links.

But my question is: Why? First of all you won't be able to get lenticular sheets that have a clear coating that will accept the ink. Secondly, the precision requirement is so tight and I don't think an Epson R-260 can handle that.

My suggestion is to print on a piece of photo paper and then laminate the lenticular sheet over. This seems to be more practical, unless you know a better technology that I don't know.

Check this article and that will give you a good start, vicgi.com/lenticular-interlacing-algorithm.html (copy and paste to your browser).

Good luck!

3D lenticular printing

Hi,3d lenticular printing is more and more popular now. And many printers want to print it with their printing machine. But, in fact, the lenticular printing technology is the most important.
In the past, i tired many times to print 3D posters, but all failed. It cost me a lot of money and energy.
Fortunately, i find a lenticular printing company . They can help me to print my artworks, no matter small size(post card size) or very big size(2*3 meters or much bigger) .
You can visit their website, 3d-leader.com
Hope it can help you.

Ask a Question