Lexmark c540 chip resetter?

Anyone know if there's a chip resetter for Lexmark c540 cartridges?

Also, any tips how to remove the cartridge chip -- it seems to be heat sealed into the case.

Thanks.

I have been looking for a resetter for the C540 series and have not found one to date. A lot of them say they will work, but when you read the fine details they are not for the C540 chip. I have not been able to find a site that sold just the chip. I did purchase a refill kit for the C540 and it came with a chip. Both refilling the cartridge and replacing the chip are very easy and it works fine in my X543dn printer (the chip is not sealed into the case). There are instructions on AAAToner and the price is right.

I also bought these chips from AAAToner for my Lexmark X543dn toner cartridges for USD 28/ea
But after 200 of the 1500 expected pages from my double-refilled Black C540 toner cartridge, my printer
gave a warning: 'Black toner low'
The refilled cartridge black toner level was however at least 70%
I could click that error a few times away. But soon after that the printer stopped working.
AAAToner knows about it.

Nowadays there is a warning on the AAAToner site:
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING !!!!!!!!
DO NOT download or upgrade any Lexmark new software
A better advise would be: DO NOT BUY THAT C540 toner CHIPS

Last edited:
Helllo Quito,

The Lexmark C540 chips from AAAToner for the C540 cartridge are really crap!
After 200 out of 1500 pages your printers gives warning:
Black toner level low, yellow toner low etc.
Soon after that it's over.

AAAToner claims you should not upgrade software or firmware: Bulks
DO NOT BUY THEM
A waste of money

The best thing to do is throw away that printer.
That really saves money and buy a printer from another brand. NEVER BUY LEXMARK ANYMORE

Even with the original C540 cartridge family you will never print more than 20% OF THE PROMISED PAGES.
80% of the TONER DISAPPEARS IMMEDIATELY IN THE WASTE TONER BOTTLE

REAL ROBBERY FROM LEXMARK ---- -- ---- THEREFORE SCRAP YOUR LEXMARK TONER PRINTER
THAT SAVES MONEY

Greetz,

Last edited:

Ask a Question